Does your application need precision metal tubing ?
We can provide a custom-made solution.
Diameters from 0.10 to 30 mm, thick or thin walls and more than 100 alloys available: we offer tubes or tubular components for the most demanding industries like medical, aerospace, electronics or micro-mechanics.
Minitubes has developped a very wide range of techniques to bring you innovative solutions from the design stage to prototyping and series production: stent tubing, diagnostic probes, hypotubes, surgical instruments, heat exchangers, fluid transport, connectors…
- Surgical implants, stents and cardiac valves, angioplasty and embolism protection catheters, cardiac électrodes.
- In Vitro Diagnostic probes : with our unique experience and control of tube surface finish we can solve problems of contamination, heating, level sensing, septum piercing, etc.
- Endoscopes, the use of remarkable materials optimizes the properties: Cobalt alloys for stiff endoscopes.
- Surgical instruments: special needles, resection electrodes, trocart.
Stents, cardiac valves, electrodes, orthopedics, filters
- Very smooth ID and OD for optimized electropolishing and subsequent coating
- An extreme selectivity in raw materials for biocompatibility and micro/macro material homogeneity.
- Seamless tube for improved fatigue resistance.
- Optimized grain size to compromise between fatigue resistance and electropolishing performance.
- Full certification for easy customer’s device registration.
Stainless steel and 316 LVM
- Exceeds the standards requirements, notably for inclusions.
- A 316 LVM stock of more than 200 references, immediately available.
Cobalt based alloys with strong mechanical properties
- L605 ®- Alloy 25 ®- Alacrite XSH ® = Co-Cr-W-Ni-Fe. The Tungsten reinforces the radio-opacity.
- MP35N ® = Co-Ni-Cr-Mo, combines high mechanical properties and a good ductility at the annealed state.
- Elgiloy ®- Phynox ® = Co-Cr-Ni-Mo-Fe. Very high Yield point. A long implants history.
Leading products: stents tubing today
Stents and cardiac valves are vascular implants manufactured from a laser cut tube. Technical and quality requirements on the tube are extremely demanding.
The quality of our implant tubing enables us to supply the world’s largest stent producers. Minitubes offers a unique quality, specific to stents, in several alloys such as 316LVM and cobalt alloys.
Stent designers face difficult challenges. At Minitubes, we have succeeded in understanding them in depth, in order to offer a tubing quality that meets the highest demands:
- a choice of alloys for both balloon inflatable and self-expendable designs.
- an extreme selectivity in raw materials for biocompatibility and micro/macro material homogeneity.
- seamless tube for improved fatigue resistance.
- new limits in dimensional accuracy on Outer Diameter and Wall Thickness for improved laser cutting and struts dimensions consistency.
- very smooth ID and OD for optimized electropolishing and subsequent coating.
- controlled mechanical properties for controlled physical behavior and minimized recoil.
- optimized grain size to compromise between fatigue resistance and electropolishing performance.
- controlled straightness for accurate laser cutting.
- proven inspection methods (high-end instruments, adequate sampling, statistical analysis…) for reliable characterization and improved yield of customer’s production.
- full certification for easy customer’s device registration.
Our team is available to assist you in your device development and material selection with technical expertise and large inventory of stock items.
Numerous dimensions in stock for R&D purposes: implant tubing stock list
Minitubes supplies tubes and components for numerous uses :
- Heat exchangers
- Fluid transport
- Aircraft electronics and connectors
- Fiber optics components
- Electrical and optical connectors
- Telecommunication components
- TV sets
- Electrical components
LEADING PRODUCT ON THE ELECTRONICS MARKET : FIBER OPTICS COMPONENTS
Tubular components for fiber optics have specific requirements :
A very small ID to guide the fiber, sometimes under 0.2 mm.
High precision in concentricity and thickness for an efficient connection.
A Minitubes specialty.
Our tubes are found in numerous applications :
- Household appliances
- Car industry
- Watchmaking and micromechanics
- Sporting goods